0 votes
SUMMER DANGER: Toddler burned by garden hose water serves as warning to parents
Description



Before you fire up the sprinkler this summer, beware of how hot the water is that has been sitting inside your garden hose.


Las Vegas Fire Rescue posted a picture of a toddler who had been burned by scalding hot water from inside a garden hose as a cautionary tale to parents to “let the water flow a few minutes to cool before spraying on people or animals.”


“Here in Las Vegas, a garden hose exposed to direct sunlight during summer can heat the water inside the hose (not flowing) to 130-140 degrees which can cause burns especially to children and animals,” Las Vegas Fire Rescue tweeted.


The incident reportedly occurred two years ago, but the fire department uses the photo as a warning each summer.




“We use it every year to show just how serious a burn can occur to a toddler,” Las Vegas Fire Rescue Public Information Officer Tim Szymanski told KTLA. “We got a ton of tweets back from people (saying) ‘I never thought about that,’ and that’s why we do it.”


The then 9-month-old toddler suffered second-degree burns on 30 percent of his body, KPHO-TV reported in 2016.


“Sometimes people don’t realize that for the length of the hose, all that water is going to be hot water,” Szymanski added.


SHARE this story on Facebook or Twitter to keep other parents informed!














600 views Jun 6
anonymous
No related Media found
Welcome to ellenNation,
The Nation of Ellen DeGeneres, where you can showcase your submissions, add videos, images and receive opinions from other ellen fans & the members of the community. - ellenNation

Please log in or register to Comment this Media.